15 July 2018

15 Jul 2018: St Albans to Cheddington

Fruit crumble
Another blazing hot day saw only four people turn up at the start in St Albans for the planned ride to Woburn. We took the most direct route up Hog End lane and through Piccotts End before climbing up to Ivinghoe Beacon then descending through Pitstone to reach Jackie's cafe shortly before 11am. Steve and I enjoyed a pudding for 11's which was lots of fruit with a small amount of crumble topping at a bargain £1.80 for a large bowl.

Neil and Phil were heading home, so Steve and I thought we would join them and miss the heat of the afternoon. We got back to St Albans by lunchtime allowing me to settle down to watch the Wimbledon Men's final.

Later that day I heard Adrian had gone to Woburn to meet us - Sorry Adrian!

My gps track seems to have inflated the mileage somewhat as I think we only did about 43 miles rather than the apparent 50 miles recorded.


No comments:

Post a Comment